Melody, one of many in this brain!
Here are some example sentences using my plural they/them pronouns, from pronoun.is:
They went to the park.
I went with them.
They brought their frisbee.
At least I think it was theirs.
They threw the frisbee to themselves.
Yep, there’s more than one of us in this brain! This is really hard for us to put into words, so I highly reccomend reading Google’s Plurality Playbook for context on understanding dissociative disorders, as well as plurality as a whole. Instead of assigning names to this system, we’ll try to identify ourselves w/ emoji wherever feasible:
- —✨, the communicator and vessel (plural they/them)
- —🧙♀️, the magical nerd, v passionate (she/her)
- —🦊, the skilled vixen, wants fluffy tail (vi/vim)
- —🐙, the slightly horny gal (she/her)
- —🌵, the foodie, decision maker, non-verbal (they/them)
I go into a bit more detail in this Twitter thread. (I will still mostly refer to myself using “I”, however “we” will be used in contexts in appropriate.)
← Back Home